Best Service Manual Source for DIY repairs

Honda AquaTrax models forum - 2003 Aquatrax Honda cuts-off when you give it a gas.

Forum -> jet skis -> Honda AquaTrax models forum

2003 Aquatrax Honda cuts-off when you give it a gas.
by: jam   on: Tuesday, April 20 2010 at 14:15:13 EDT

My friend has a 2003 Aquatrax Honda personal watercraft. The PWC starts up fine, but when you p..

by: jam   on: Tuesday, April 20 2010 at 14:17:00 CDT

My friend has a 2003 Aquatrax Honda personal watercraft. The PWC starts up fine, but when you pull back on the lever to give it gas it suddenly cuts off and starts beeping.
If he waits a couple of minutes, it will start again, but then the same things happens again. Do you have any suggestions on what might be causing this problem.

This all started out of the blue. A bunch of us have jetskis and we ride them on a local river most weekends in the summer.
After riding it for about an hour one day, we took a break for lunch. When we all went back out to ride again, my friend's started up fine and he idled out past the no-wake zone with no problem.
But, soon as he started to give it more gas it suddenly shut off and it was flashing the warning about OIL. He could get it to start up again after a few minutes, but the same error kept happening. He then took it to a shop and they did some sort of repair related to excess oil and it ran fine for the rest of the Summer. Now, we are all back at the river again and his Honda fired right up, but it is doing the same thing again.
This time the OIL warning is not flashing though. He has the 3-seater, FX-12 model. My husband and I have the same model but we have never had a problem. All of us bought our jetskis brand new from the same dealer.
Our friend towed it home and took it back to the repair shop. I was just wondering if there is something flukey that they might be overlooking.

by: MsFX   on: Tuesday, April 20 2010 at 19:20:56 CDT

The Electronic Control Unit will flash the warning light and beeper and shut down the engine if the sensors detect very low oil pressure or very high exhaust temperature.
Normally the boat will go into limp mode [engine rpm limited and warning light flashes] if the oil pressure is moderatly low or exhaust temperature is moderatly high before it goes into shut down mode. I have not seen that specific problem before and can not find anything in the Honda service information on that specific problem.

by: paul   on: Tuesday, July 9 2013 at 12:11:30 CDT

I have a 2006 honda aquatrax f12x turbo itt starts up fine runs for about 25 min then the warning light comes on and a f1 flashes in the circle above?

Forum -> jet skis -> Honda AquaTrax models forum

Secure Site by Norton Check My Site on ScamAdviser.com